NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Annuals on their way!

The Summer Specials won't be out for a few days yet but you can already pre-order the Christmas annuals! The Dandy Annual 2015 and The Beano Annual 2015 are both available to order separately at £5.99 each from the publishers at the DC Thomson Shop, or you can save money if you order them as a double pack for only £10. According to the website they'll be delivered the first week of August.

https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/our-brands/annuals-calendars/double-trouble-book-pack.html

I only have four Rasher mini-strips in the Beano Annual, but I did quite a few pages for The Dandy Annual, - great classic characters The Smasher, Keyhole Kate, and Korky the Cat! Here's a preview of one of them...

Speaking of annuals, I'd better get on with drawing the pages for the 2016 editions! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something magic about annuals - I switched to reading Marvel comics in 1974 but I continued to get The Beezer,Topper and Beano annuals for several years afterwards just because it didn't feel like proper Christmas otherwise.

Lew Stringer said...

I stopped reading British humour comics (and annuals) for a few years when I left school in 1975, so you've read quite a few I've never seen. I got back into them in the early 1980s when I was focusing on becoming a cartoonist, but by then I'd buy them and read them in August/September when they came out. These days I only buy the annuals I'm in. (Not that there are many traditional comic annuals left of course.)

Manic Man said...

they are nice covers but... kinda hate to say this, Dennis's speech on the cover kinda knocks down the cover a bit.. Nothing wrong with both of them looking at the Reader but looking at the reader while speaking to Gnasher... I just don't think that quite works as well as it could.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...