NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Ken Reid at his best - collected editions!

I said I'd only break this blog's hiatus if some important news came along, and this is about as important as it gets for fans of British comics. Ken Reid's complete contributions to Odhams comics of the 1960s are to be collected in two handsome official hardback books in a slipcase!

Many (including myself) thought this would never happen, due to the fees wanted by the copyright holders, but it seems that publisher Irmantas has good negotiating skills! This is Ken Reid at his peak, with his wildest, funniest work on strips Frankie Stein, Queen of the Seas, Jasper the Grasper, The Nervs, and Dare-a-Day Davy from the pages of Wham!, Smash!, and Pow! 

More details will no doubt emerge soon, but keep your eye on the publisher's blog at this link:
http://kazoop.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/some-very-exciting-news-for-fans-of-ken.html


3 comments:

Irmantas said...

Thanks for the plug, Lew! I will post regular updates about my progress on my blog and the UK Comics forum. I expect the books to be available in about two months from now :)

Manic Man said...

WHOA. complete run of Ken Reid's work at Odhams? I'll be interested to see the price when it's decided and release the info. Well done that man!

Ben Bernard-Smith said...

Insanity! What a collection that will be! Now, if we could have the same with Leo Baxendale too... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...