NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Thanks for ICE2017!

Another ICE (International Comic Expo) has come and gone and once again it proved to be an enjoyable event and a highlight of the convention calendar. A better venue this year at the BCEC, albeit a slightly smaller show, but still busy and good fun. 
I didn't really have a chance to take many photos of the event but I'm sure there'll be plenty by others online. My thanks to organiser Shane Chebsey and his team including Valentina Sannais, James Fletcher, Andy Richmond and all for their hard work and hospitality. It was also great to catch up with friends in the comics industry such as David Leach, Jessica Martin, Steve Tanner and his family, Paul H. Birch, Jatinder Ghatora, Dylan Teague, Paul Trimble, Staz Johnson, Olly MacNamee, Ian Richardson, Steve Pugh, Glenn Fabry, Dan Slott (far too briefly), Laura Howell, Mike and Cassandra Conroy and many others. 
The queue for Dan Slott's signing stretched to outside the hall.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table for a sketch and comics. Combat Colin continues to sell well and I'm hoping to get issue No.2 out in November! 
Amazing Spider-Man writer Dan Slott.
There were some interesting panel discussions at ICE2017 that unfortunately I didn't get to see as I was busy at my table but attendees I spoke to all said how much they enjoyed them. All in all, it was a very successful event and I'm already looking forward to next year's show! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...